Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Erm, Genexis, pardon me for my reading comprehension. I have read what Mike has written but can't identify the rule.

I have PM Mike. If my posting has violated the forum rules, then the moderator can remove it.

No worries. I'm will abide by the forum rules if that's so.

Anyway, I do like to invite Genexis and Adrianli to BBAFC for a fun fly. Let me know if you are keen. We can meet up and have a chit chat. Maybe there's better understanding about who and what BBAFC is.

Comment

a funfly sounds great, but lets hope it is open to the public and not just members only. It would only be nice if there is a crowd.

Comment

Originally posted by genexis View Post
        a funfly sounds great, but lets hope it is open to the public and not just members only. It would only be nice if there is a crowd.
        You have to understand the club does not run for free as its affilated to the bukit batik cc. Furthermore, bbafc is an official flying field where it is recognized by organistions in Singapore as well as around the region. Paying the membership fee also means that you are covered with insurance. By all means, come and fly at our field. But we still do need funds to run the club.
        Kedi AH !

Comment

BBAFC is open to public on special occasion, for example, during 3DX's funfly slots.

The club recieves little funding from the CC. As such, member fee is used for insurance (thanks danny for sharing), facilities maintenance and the occasional family day. Hence, for most of the time, aeromodelling flying is limited to fee paying club members.

Perhaps one day when there's a person or an organisation who likes to support BBAFC 100% financially, then it may be free and open to the public.
          But then again, it may end up too political and disrupt the objective of promoting aeromodelling.

Haha, and the problem with a crowd is that most pilots are shy and don't like to fly in such a situation.

Comment

Hi Murdanny,

Yes i understand that fully and have nothing against that.

My emphasis is on the intentions of the chairman reminding users of this public forum that the public is NOT allowed to fly in the club. After using the forum as a mean to advertise for the recent 3dx, it is without doubt that the club has gained much exposure through it.

Now that the event is over, the chairman "reminds" the public that the site is not open to public, and request that we join as members. Common ... do you think the non paying public needs such a reminder? If so, it is up to the committee to approach these people on individual basis. In my opinion, this is the same as subtle marketing, which i believe the chairmain has obvious knowledge of it, but ignores it. But since he claims no knowledge of it and has seeked permission from the admin to go ahead, i guess we can give him the benefit of doubt that he really has no intentions of subtle marketing for his club.

This is just my personal opinion, nothing to do with the others nor Adrianli. All in all, it is the actions of one person which i admit i'm pretty unhappy about. Not just this incident, but the attempted bending of 3dx rules to black mail another participant who pulled out of 3dx. Again, i am voicing this on my own free will.

Comment

Thks for the invite, but I as a human being, will stick to my principal.

As per the other forum posting, I will not step foot into BBAFC ever again.

However, I would like to invite you to Bishan FF and have a chat and fly wif us instead. I have the blessings of HDB and CAAS to fly my electric heli there w/o paying a single cent. I am there every other sunday morning ard 9am to 11am. But if raining, please dont come lah.

Comment

Oh ya,

At Bishan FF, we have clean toilets, drinks and food stall within walking distance. World class public transport to cater to the field either by bus or MRT.

Also there is a shelter to shelter you from the burning sun.

And lastly, we are a bunch of frenly ppl who jokes ard like nobody business. Some jokes from Johnny too X rated to post here.

Comment

Arh Genexis, good that you speak your mind.

Let me clarfiy. I was told last year that for those who withdraws from 3DX, they will be banned from future 3DX.

After Adrianli posted in another forum (http://www.runryder.com/helicopter/t...?highlight=3dx), I quickly write to 3DX and they replied that since the objective is to promote aeromodelling, participants should be encouraged and as such, CKS will not be banned.

At no time am I bending rules to black mail. In fact, I was bending rules to help. You can ask the 3DX participants.

Let me share more with you. When a participant withdraws, it hurts the event and the organisers have to answer to the sponsors. I remember a friend telling me that he doesn't like to organise events. This is because when he asked who is interested, alot of people raise their hand. And when the event is organised, these people don't turn up. I guess many people have similar experiences.

Let me share more information with you. During 3DX, Kenny's Stratus had a terrible vibration and yet he pushed on and won the 1st place. Ian did badly in round 1 and yet he presses on and did well in round 2. Danny' reciever has a problem and yet he presses on and won 2nd place. Jeremy's heli has a problem with his cyclic servos and yet he presses on and did very well. Imran just came back from overseas and he practised the night before on his simulator so that he can participate in 3DX. This is sportsmanship.

As for the using of this forum to publicise the event, Mike was consulted before hand and hence there's a DH banner along the flight line during 3DX. It's a win-win for the forum and club. Maybe it even set the stage for future collaboration.

I understand what's subtle marketing but the pure intention of my post is to remind, not publicity or marketing. Let Mike and moderators decide, if the post violates the forum rules, then please remove it and I apologise for it.

Afterall, this maybe a misunderstanding.

I'm usually quite busy with work, family and studies. I have to squeeze time out of whatever is left for this passion. So sometimes, I do not have the luxury to share my thoughts and plans with everyone over a cup of tea. I know this is a problem and hence I write emails to the committee members often to discuss about club's matters. Even then, it's not 100% and I may have left out something.

Comment

Adrianli, don't take it too hard.
                    Appreciate your invitation. I may pop by 1 day. I heard that you all have done a wonderful job getting a place at Bishan.

Comment

I think this argument is due to conflict of personal thoughts. I, for one, as a member of the BBAFC, am happy with who i fly. Not almost every weekend i drop by BBAFC but i do know nice people like Serpent, Ghostrider, tucfaz, kiratime, yapjy, mr ng and alot more people. this gentlemen are as friendly as they can be and they as a group of aeromodellers, do give me a remarkable sense of belonging to the club.

I just want to clarify this.

Personally, i have to comment Mr Yap and the commitee on the tremondous amount of effort they have put in for the event that the club has organised and the maintainence of the club. Bravo guys!
                      Kedi AH !

Comment

Dear Mr Yap,

Can you clarify whether you or any BBAFC members have approached the non-paying member personelly not to fly at BBAFC premises???

Is there any discussion between the BBAFC commitee members b4 YOU putting up the notice in this public forum???

Please kindly state your purpose of putting up that notice in this thread.

Thks in advance for a clarification.

Regards,

Adrian Lee

Comment

Mike has replied. The post will remain.

I have enough of this.

Disengaging.

Comment

Originally posted by yapjy View Post
                            Mike has replied. The post will remain.

I have enough of this.

Disengaging.

Comment

i dun understand what mistake Mr Yap did posting in daddyhobby stating that non-members are not allowed to fly at BBAFC. You dun expect a non-member of a country club to play golf on their course. It was just a mere gentle remainder from the club chairman.

if you wanna fly at BBAFC as a non-member, can. You pay a fee of $20 and each time you fly, you will have a member to call behind you. For a whole day. At least that is what they do in RMS.

If no one take the club seriously, then the club will not progress. its as simple as that.

cheers,

Danny.
                              Kedi AH !

Comment

So why was this notice not posted on BBAFC website initially instead of posting it here??? The last I checked, 1min ago, the website news was last updated in march 2008.

Please see attached screenshot.

Danny, if you are part of the committee member, can you please answer my enquires directed at Mr Yap since he decided to disengage from tis discussion. Thks. <br> <br>

Comment

Working...
                                X