Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

P-47 Thunderbolt .60 from ModelTech ARF

Yet another warbird to join the war...... The manual from that came with this ARF is well prepared and detailed. Very well illustrated and explained.

I started work on it at various stages and not all the photos are in series and /or sync with timeline.

Started off with the cut-outs for the aileron and gear and drilled 1,5mm holes for the wood screws. Alot of trimming was required to fit the aileron servo panels as they were not entirely a perfect fit.

Retracts were optional and is going to be the Landing gear for this plane.

Comment

Fitted the CA hinges in their slots and drilled a 2mil hole to assist the CA to flow quickly into the slot and secure the hinges and close up the slits.

Comment

The cups for the retracts and the aileron servo. Some minor adjustments was required as the plastic moulds had some deformation. Gold-n-rod "sulivan" clevis used at aileron horn and snap retainer on the servo horn. Could not do a z-bend here as the rod came pre-cut with L-bend.

Comment

Notches filed on the metal rod to receive the retaining collar screw on the landing gear. The four cap screws for the tail wheel was a real pain as the space was small and the alignment was a bit out. So I have to sit there for at least 30mins and slowy wind the four screws in bit by bit alternatingly.

Comment

The servo tray. 3 openings for throttle, elevator and rudder.

Comment

I used those tapes bought for electric foam planes to keep the tension on the two wing halfs. They seem to work pretty well. The masking tape is used to protect the wing surface from access epoxy.

Comment

The trailing edge has a wing doubler that is CA'ed and the holes need to be drilled whilst the wing is centred on the fuse. After that the blind nuts were clamped in. (note: wing bolt is M5, blind nut is dia 6mm)

Comment

The retracts fitting were good, a bit (4mm) of slop after retracting full close, but I think its normal, as long as the wheel don't fall/hang out whilst in flight.... The included retract link rod turn out to be exact , not much access to trim after going thru the rotating brass retainer. I am worried that its too short....sigh.

Comment

Power plant is Saito 100. Inverted setup with "Dave Brown" 90FS mount. All M4 cap screw as fixings.

Comment

Would you consider putting in an oscillating PERRY pump?, so that you don't need to hang out the stock exhaust muffler, the advantages are :-

1) it would be more scale-looking

2) the exhaust sound would be EVIL!

3) best part of all, it would release some extra horses hidden in the Saito100

Comment

Originally posted by AstroBoy
                        Would you consider putting in an oscillating PERRY pump?, so that you don't need to hang out the stock exhaust muffler, the advantages are :-

1) it would be more scale-looking

2) the exhaust sound would be EVIL!

3) best part of all, it would release some extra horses hidden in the Saito100

Of course, its only less than $200/-....why not! Only the owner can decide on this though....

Comment

I will leave the cowl as it is without any opening for the exhaust port.....you (owner) have 4 days to decide....

I will be painting the canopy with silver for the frames. Let me know if otherwise.

Comment

wow...at last the P47 at war zone is going to have a wingman .... ...quick! my embattled bird has too many bullet holes already... ... need you to cover my six...

For Sale

CSM ICG400 Heading Lock Gyro+ ($160)
                            (

Comment

Originally posted by stuka
                              wow...at last the P47 at war zone is going to have a wingman .... ...quick! my embattled bird has too many bullet holes already... ... need you to cover my six...
                              Wah very scared ... My Zero gang will feed on it

Comment

Working...
                              X