X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tropicalsq744
    hi guys.

A newbie here. What type of glue is good for styrofoam to styrofoam or wood bonding? 3M's 77 can?

Anyone knows where to buy it?
    Dude, 3M 77 spray cans are a no no. It'll eat up foam and by the way, it's meant for papers lah. Adding in to HotDogBun's posts Foam Safe CA and a kicker to boot is good for quick stick or repairs.

cheers!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

would it be recommended to buy the Cessna starter kit from Jethobby which consist of the plane and TX(4ch dunno what brand..runs on battery)

For me i wont play it that often..so i cant bear to part with $400 to a would-be dust collector... if the TX is not an issue i think the price is pretty affordable at $189 for the whole thing to start flying immediately with no additional cost..

For your opinions pls

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by bigrockshow
        would it be recommended to buy the Cessna starter kit from Jethobby which consist of the plane and TX(4ch dunno what brand..runs on battery)

For me i wont play it that often..so i cant bear to part with $400 to a would-be dust collector... if the TX is not an issue i think the price is pretty affordable at $189 for the whole thing to start flying immediately with no additional cost..

For your opinions pls

Thanks
        A GWS C-130 would be a good trainer too... that was my first aircraft. You leave everything from it, build, electronics, balance and fly. Slow, like a school bus.
        My Hangar:

Heli 1:T-REX 450SE (Hughes MD 500)
        (SE-maiden 15/03/06)
        (XL-maiden 16/10/05)

Heli 2:RAPTOR 50 TITAN
        (TITAN-maiden 16/06/2006)

Heli 3:T-REX 500ESP (T-rex maiden 25/9/10)
        (FLASHER 500-maiden 08/10/2009 R.I.P:09/08/10)

Heli 4:Flasher 250
        (maiden 13/09/2010)

Airplane 1:GWS A-4SU Skyhawk For Sale
        Airplane 2:GWS P-40N WarHawk RAAF maiden flight 20/08/10 For Sale

Transmitter:
        JR 9XII(XPS 2.4)

Its all fun & games till the bills come..

Comment

Originally posted by UH-1H
          A GWS C-130 would be a good trainer too... that was my first aircraft. You leave everything from it, build, electronics, balance and fly. Slow, like a school bus.
          well they dun have a starter kit for that plane so im looking at available options i guess...

from what i gather the factory TX is enough to just fly around and not do crazy things... so i assume the $189 offer is a good one to start of with? i mean even i decide to give it up it won't be a huge hole right?

but what im interested is...can the plane and the set do what they advertise in the video? LOL

Comment

newbies type of question

i'm interested in taking up flying planes, but before i burn a hole in my pocket. i would like to just pop by some flying areas just to look see look see and see whether i am up for it or not. but the thing is i dont know of any place. i read that people fly at bedok reservoir there ah? or jurong west? but i dont know the exact address. can anyone indicate in the street directory. and also i stay in serangoon, i wonder where is the nearest place. feel like going down this afternoon or this weekend to look see already.

haven decided on a plane yet. but i went toykar and look see. saw this

going for 299 and this

for 199. i personally prefer the mustang. look more fierce, but is it really difficult to fly?
            Controller: Spektrum DX6i
            Fix Wing: 3DHS Edge 540 41", World Models Zero Fighter EP.
            Rotary Wing: Align Trex450 Pro.

Comment

the piper for 199?

Comment

ya think so... if i didnt remember wrongly. i think its sensitive to post prices, so dont say i say one... tink i'm going to edit the entry lioa...

Comment

or maybe its 299 and 399... hm... anyway, if someone has either of the above plane lying around... u might want to sell it to this newbie. or if anyone has the Cessna 182 Skylane M24 from kyosho, i'm also willing to buy.

Comment

Originally posted by deathism
                    the piper for 199?
                    Confirm $199... i was just there today. But it's 3 channel not 4. No aileron control. rudder n elevator only.
                    Ultrafly Cessna 182

Comment

Originally posted by BullTerrier
                      You can also get that from Alex at 96915131.
                      how much does Alex sell a cheap plane for noobs?

Comment

is flying sim the same as real?i play sim like very easy leh.any diff?BTW,im playing FMS.any settings?
                        Plane 1:
                        FreeWing F-15
                        Stock and modded with speed brake mod

Plane 2:
                        GWS Blue Angels C-130 (EDF)
                        Stock and modded with cargo doors

Control System:Futaba 9CHP 72MHZ

Comment

flying sim....

bro jiez, i'm a beginner too... flying sim and flying the real plane is not the same at all. dont get it wrong... everything in the sim is setup perfectly so it makes flying a whole lot easier. but in real hands on, there are a lot of issues to deal with eg. yr plane setup, wind conditions, flying area, weather conditions, etc so it will be harder. i've just accompanied my cousin on a flying session whereby he crashed his happy boy. let me tell you that hes a newbie too. he flew the plane on the sim like it was nothing at all. so we went to the FF and i remind him again and ask him whether he's ready to fly hands on. he says its easy (like real hehehe ) so i setup up everything for him and take off the plane for him. after 2-3 laps of figure 8's and a quick explaination to him on the controls again, he decide it was time for him to fly. so i bring the plane up high, level it and hand the tx over to him. the moment he tried to make the first left turn, the plane turn too much and straightaway nose dived to the ground. i ask him again wats wrong and he told me he's confused which direction to turn cause the plane has changed direction so the point is sim flying and hands on flying is 2 very different thing. to me sim is more like a practice fly for u on yr coordination and navigation. cause a crash in sim cost $0 bucks. but crashing in real life may cost u the hobby....
                          anyway its just my opinion hopes no one gets offended...

romihensem " Back In Business "

Flying is all that matters...
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by romihensem
                            bro jiez, i'm a beginner too... flying sim and flying the real plane is not the same at all. dont get it wrong... everything in the sim is setup perfectly so it makes flying a whole lot easier. but in real hands on, there are a lot of issues to deal with eg. yr plane setup, wind conditions, flying area, weather conditions, etc so it will be harder. i've just accompanied my cousin on a flying session whereby he crashed his happy boy. let me tell you that hes a newbie too. he flew the plane on the sim like it was nothing at all. so we went to the FF and i remind him again and ask him whether he's ready to fly hands on. he says its easy (like real hehehe ) so i setup up everything for him and take off the plane for him. after 2-3 laps of figure 8's and a quick explaination to him on the controls again, he decide it was time for him to fly. so i bring the plane up high, level it and hand the tx over to him. the moment he tried to make the first left turn, the plane turn too much and straightaway nose dived to the ground. i ask him again wats wrong and he told me he's confused which direction to turn cause the plane has changed direction so the point is sim flying and hands on flying is 2 very different thing. to me sim is more like a practice fly for u on yr coordination and navigation. cause a crash in sim cost $0 bucks. but crashing in real life may cost u the hobby....
                            anyway its just my opinion hopes no one gets offended...

waaa...dun make me scared leh.ltr i dun dare fly sia.
                            Plane 1:
                            FreeWing F-15

Plane 2:

Comment

Wonder how you fly using FMS. Rem to switch chase camera off. That's cheating you know, chase camera. In real life you don't have a camera tailing behind your plane...
                              "Always fly with a responsible attitude. You may think that flying low over other people’s heads is proof of your piloting skill; others know better. The real expert does not need to prove himself in such childish ways..." - the Multiplex Build Manual

Comment

Originally posted by Sunstorm
                                Wonder how you fly using FMS. Rem to switch chase camera off. That's cheating you know, chase camera. In real life you don't have a camera tailing behind your plane...
                                nah.im flying using on ground tt kind.i DONT cheat.
                                Plane 1:
                                FreeWing F-15

Plane 2:

Comment

Working...
                                X