This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mahojazz
    hey, tats great. Haha, i stay in punggol. Where is the punggol flying field situated? Btw, who is Alex? He owns a shop or an expert in flying? Right now, i still researching, but thinking of getting a simulator to have some feel of it. :P
    check out map. http://www.streetdirectory.com/asia_...evel=6?136,407
    simulator is a gd start but its a little different fm flying to real thing. it will get u up to maybe 60% to 70% depending on how realistic the sims r. u will still hv to train on a real plane. alex is a beaver guru. he doesnt run a shop, just doing this on a side line. there r a few ppl doing this as well but if yr a newbie looking to buy a beaver, i wld advise u to seek his help. he will coach u n start u off rite track, always pick up the gd habits. this is a social hobby especially for a newbie.
    Futaba 8U Super/Spectrum DX7

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow."

"To be OLD & WISE, You must 1st have to be YOUNG & STUPID"

Comment

oh, thanks alot. Erm, how can i contact Alex? is he the one who runs the website, pips hobby supplies??

Comment

Originally posted by mahojazz
        oh, thanks alot. Erm, how can i contact Alex? is he the one who runs the website, pips hobby supplies??
        refer to http://www.daddyhobby.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19862
        u can contact alex at 96915131. no he doesn't run the website. he an exprience flyer who will make a beaver float like a kite. he has taught many newbies, myself included. pips hobby is run by another guy name eric. but if ya staying in puggol n starting out, alex is who u shd look for.
        Futaba 8U Super/Spectrum DX7

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow."

"To be OLD & WISE, You must 1st have to be YOUNG & STUPID"

Comment

thanks thanks, the video is great. :P

Will go down to the flying field to see see look look.
          :P

Originally posted by zeus
          refer to http://www.daddyhobby.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19862
          u can contact alex at 96915131. no he doesn't run the website. he an exprience flyer who will make a beaver float like a kite. he has taught many newbies, myself included. pips hobby is run by another guy name eric. but if ya staying in puggol n starting out, alex is who u shd look for.

Comment

by the way, yesterday evening at ard 6pm, i saw someone flying at the flying field. haha.

Comment

Estarter Battery

I'm almost done building my estarter. I haven't bought lipos yet. I'm thinking of using my heli's battery to do some test flights. I think its the 7cell 8.4v one. can anyone advice if this is ok? or is it a must that I buy lipo batts. btw. anyone flying estarter in bedok?

Comment

Originally posted by prgervacio
                I'm almost done building my estarter. I haven't bought lipos yet. I'm thinking of using my heli's battery to do some test flights. I think its the 7cell 8.4v one. can anyone advice if this is ok? or is it a must that I buy lipo batts. btw. anyone flying estarter in bedok?
                I am flying Beaver at Tampines area...maybe we can fly together?

Comment

Thanks for The invite dude. I'll tell you when I'm free. Too busy with work. Can't find time to setup my plane. where in tampines do you fly?
                  Originally posted by Dragon Slayer
                  I am flying Beaver at Tampines area...maybe we can fly together?

Comment

i'm interested in this hobby too, and i stay very nearby to the Punggol Field (3 but stop away!)

do u guys fly every weekend? timing?

Comment

At Punggol Field, usually, you can find people there whenever its not too hot or not raining. So, in term of time, its early morning from 6.45+am to 11+am and 4++pm in the afternoon to 7+pm.

A few of us fly our planes at the field behind the church. Usually early morning and late afternoon.
                      After so many years, I am still a beginner

Comment

Originally posted by Bee_Flower
                        At Punggol Field, usually, you can find people there whenever its not too hot or not raining. So, in term of time, its early morning from 6.45+am to 11+am and 4++pm in the afternoon to 7+pm.

A few of us fly our planes at the field behind the church. Usually early morning and late afternoon.
                        eh! the church near to the sch one isit? wor. walk dist. for me. lagi best lol

I remember I saw something flying ard there.

Comment

Hi fellow pilots,

May I know where can i get a Estarter RTF Set? and currently i flying a newbie plane, X-Twin. Is it almost the same as flying a estarter when compare to a X-Twin from SilverLit?

Thank you
                          He who command the past, conquer the future.

Comment

You can also get that from Alex at 96915131.

Comment

hi guys.

A newbie here. What type of glue is good for styrofoam to styrofoam or wood bonding? 3M's 77 can?

Anyone knows where to buy it?

Comment

1.For foam to foam/wood I use "SELLEYS Aquadhere PVA Wood Glue"
                                2.For foam to foam I prefer "UHO POR".
                                3.Or you can use Epoxy which is very strong, but may become brittle after time. The one in picture hardens in 5mins

For glue 1 & 2 you will need a long time roughly 12hrs for the thing to harden and stick well. You can get them at Homefix DIY.

There are also many types of glue you can use off shelf, just need to be sure it bonds the material well when set and it does melt the foam away.

HDB

Comment

Working...
                                X