X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sim Helps??

Hi,

Have tried simulators, and all seems so easy on the sim.. Maybe the sim 10 years ago are not as good. Was flying like a pro on a sim.. even fly through hanger, and tunnels etc.. But the moment I hit the runway.. nothing seem to work as expected.

Anyway, will take the advise to start with a slow flying foam EP trainer.. at least I'm confident it won't crash to bits like one of those huge balsa trainer.. hence, just need hope the plane won't end up on the highway or ????..

Comment

Originally posted by tucfaz
      Hi,

Have tried simulators, and all seems so easy on the sim.. Maybe the sim 10 years ago are not as good. Was flying like a pro on a sim.. even fly through hanger, and tunnels etc.. But the moment I hit the runway.. nothing seem to work as expected.

Anyway, will take the advise to start with a slow flying foam EP trainer.. at least I'm confident it won't crash to bits like one of those huge balsa trainer.. hence, just need hope the plane won't end up on the highway or ????..
      i think its either the plane's not balance or u panic... trainning on sim does help, although not 100% but maybe 70%. i bet if someone did the take off n handed the controls to you, u will b able to do some decent flying. the problem is getting it off the ground... i can relate to tat. try hand launching n belly landing for a start. 4 get abt the gears.
      n remember, someone told me this once, everyone crashes, there r those who crash n those who will crash. not quite sure wat he meant, but i think he was trying to say is dont give up. cheers...
      Futaba 8U Super/Spectrum DX7

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow."

"To be OLD & WISE, You must 1st have to be YOUNG & STUPID"

Comment

That was what I thought. Plane not balance. Hence, actually bought one of those plane CG machine from tower hobby back at that time, and also got some experience pilot to test fly my plane, and all is well, until I took over.

I did suspect that I should have started with much lighter and smaller plane at that time, as I've seen pilot hand launching and belly landing these them easily. but was told by some of the seniors that smaller planes are for experience pilot.

Boy.. can't wait to start again.. Where do you guys fly? is the one at Jurong West a good place for newbie? as my place is only 15 minutes walk there.

Comment

That was what I thought. Plane not balance. Hence, actually bought one of those plane CG machine from tower hobby back at that time, and also got some experience pilot to test fly my plane, and all is well, until I took over.

I did suspect that I should have started with much lighter and smaller plane at that time, as I've seen pilot hand launching and belly landing these them easily. but was told by some of the seniors that smaller planes are for experience pilot.

Boy.. can't wait to start again.. Where do you guys fly? is the one at Jurong West a good place for newbie? as my place is only 15 minutes walk there.
          i've not been to jurong west, where exactly iszt? i usually fly at pongol or sengkang area. just crashed my new beaver. wings not re-enforced enough. snap into 2 in mid flight....

Comment

Hi,

There's a thread on the main section of the forum "DHJW" which have a handful of info on JW flying field.

Just got a second hand T-hawk which I'll be testing out this week-end. (Hopefully the rain stops). Also got a new estarter, and with those experience I've had during my Nitro days. I'm taking it slowly, and plan to cover at least the wing with those Iron-on-kote, this way, the covering can help strengthen the wings etc.. as they look soooo fragile..

Comment

Estarter... ... put in a brushless n it will fly acro. i've crashed mine to beyond repair. thinking of getting another 1. but for now i'll stick to beaver n ezstar. arent gonna pull any stunts just yet. dont wanna kill an innocent bystander.

Comment

Hi,

How do you secure the Estarter wing. The standard kit screw and mount looks very flimsy, like it will come off anytime.

Comment

Hi,

How do you secure the Estarter wing. The standard kit screw and mount looks very flimsy, like it will come off anytime.
                  use rubber band. shd hold pretty well.

Comment

Estarter

Anyone here cover their estarter with iron on kote?

Got mine covered with monokote, but they seems a bit too strong for foam. Hence, any recommendation for a suitable iron-on cover for foam?

Comment

hihi, i am interested in this hobby, but still dunno which trainer to get. but i saw this trainer for beginner at jethobby. its Cassna Trainer 4ch Ready To Fly. It is a complete set. Anyone owned or fly one of this b4? Isit okie for a newbie ? its rather affordable also. :P Can anyone comment. Thanks alot.

Eric

Comment

Originally posted by mahojazz
                        hihi, i am interested in this hobby, but still dunno which trainer to get. but i saw this trainer for beginner at jethobby. its Cassna Trainer 4ch Ready To Fly. It is a complete set. Anyone owned or fly one of this b4? Isit okie for a newbie ? its rather affordable also. :P Can anyone comment. Thanks alot.

Eric
                        hey bro, welcome.
                        there r 2 ways to go abt learning how to fly. the hard way n the easy way.

the hard way, buy any plane which looks cool, figure out the controls n fly on yr own. chances r, ya probably crash, spend more $ repairing it n eventually buying another cool plane. thats when most ppl will say rc damn expensive man.
                        n the easy way. seek advise n do research like wat ya doing now which is a gd move. look for 1 or a few "si-fu" willing to help you. pls dont look 4 a rookie as it will b the blind leading the blind, tat means i cant really help u much except to advise you on what i only know.
                        as for the trainer fm jet. depends on now much exprience u hv. the trainer is more for ppl who hv some flying exprience. there r planes for ppl with no flying exprience at all. like the gws beaver or slow stick tat uses rudder to turn. flies n weigh much lighter. heaver planes means flying faster with shorter reaction time. more damage during a crash than compare to lighter planes. unfortually lighter planes dont do well in windy conditions.

i started out with the gws e-starter, change the motor to a brushless n it flew like a sports car. lots of fun but i was spending more time repairing than flying. decided to take a step back n went for the beaver instead. much slower but at least i can control the plane better. if it gets too windy, i'll just bring it down. when u fly, u must always control the plane n not the other way round. there r a few flying sites in s'pore. pongol flying field, woodlands ave12, jurong n tampines just to name a few. i usually fly at pongol. 5pm to 7pm weekdays n 7am to 10am, 5 - 7pm on weekends. if u r lookin to buy a beaver instead, look for alex, he can help you.

one last tip, when u hand launch or take off fm ground, a well balance plane shd fly by itself. if u increase speed, the plane will climb. once u reach a comfortable height, u can start maneuvers. most ppl try to fly the plane too early n has the tendency to over control the plane. the controls r sensitive which may result in losing control n subsequently crashing. well hope the info is useful n gd luck.

Comment

hey, tats great. Haha, i stay in punggol. Where is the punggol flying field situated? Btw, who is Alex? He owns a shop or an expert in flying? Right now, i still researching, but thinking of getting a simulator to have some feel of it. :P

Comment

An independent toy seller call Ricky quote me $1.2K for a 2nd hand nitro plane. He cant describe what model it is.

I am not buying his sales but I wonder if it so much to get into this hobby ?

Comment

Originally posted by mahojazz
                              Btw, who is Alex?
                              yoo hoooooo......Alex, you are wanted!!!
                              bro, just get all yr stuff from Alex.....9691-5131. He is the 1-stop shop guy that can provide your full needs as a newbie.
                              Most of us newbies get our stuffs from him.
                              ex-wannabe pilot

Comment

Originally posted by jsoon
                                An independent toy seller call Ricky quote me $1.2K for a 2nd hand nitro plane. He cant describe what model it is.

I am not buying his sales but I wonder if it so much to get into this hobby ?
                                i wont go for nitro plane if ya just starting off. not many flying sites for nitro planes. they're made of balsa (wood) n powered by engines which makes repair v ex. usually better off buying new planes tats where ppl will say rc planes damn ex!!! go 4 electric high wing foam planes, cost much cheaper n easier to repair. once u get the hang of it, the options will open n the sky is the limit. a brand new basic decent complete set wont cost u more than $350 i think.

Comment

Working...
                                X