This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Valjean
    Are there frequent funflies at Tampines Bike Trail? Any this weekend? Would love to come look-see look-see before I decide to invest so much in a new hobby.

Actually still deciding between rc plane and rc car (drifting).
    Can join funfly at Punggol...slightly better place to fly IMHO, cos better terrain, grass field, the bike park is mostly sand, gravel and sparse grass and need to walk quite a distance if u don't drive

Comment

Originally posted by kenshinz
      Can join funfly at Punggol...slightly better place to fly IMHO, cos better terrain, grass field, the bike park is mostly sand, gravel and sparse grass and need to walk quite a distance if u don't drive
      When is the next funfly?

Comment

tampines bike park

for tampines bike park, mostly r nitro flyers...

Comment

im newbie here...tinking of buying 2nd hand stuff first...anyone letting go??...i wan those with ailerons..hehe so can learn more....finding those complete set like art tech wing dragon or A/E Cessna-182...pm me and quote the prices...thanks alot..

Comment

which is the nearest funfly from bishan?

Comment

Originally posted by haowee
              which is the nearest funfly from bishan?
              woodlands for plane and heli

Which character are you test by

Comment

Originally posted by mugenrsg
                for tampines bike park, mostly r nitro flyers...
                Shucks. So nearest flying field for ep planes in the east would be punggol? Is there a regular crowd of fliers there?

Comment

Shucks. So nearest flying field for ep planes in the east would be punggol? Is there a regular crowd of fliers there?
                  not really, can fly ep @tampines also lar, bedok reservoir near mosque/industrial also can...

Comment

Are there frequent funflies at Tampines Bike Trail? Any this weekend? Would love to come look-see look-see before I decide to invest so much in a new hobby.

Actually still deciding between rc plane and rc car (drifting).
                    If you have nothing to do and if it doesn't rain, a few guys from DH will be there tomorrow morning bright and early.

Comment

Originally posted by Curare
                      If you have nothing to do and if it doesn't rain, a few guys from DH will be there tomorrow morning bright and early.
                      What time do you guys start and are you guys flying ep or nitro? Also, which part of the bike trail exactly (never been there before)? Sorry for the barrage of qns. :P

Comment

What time do you guys start and are you guys flying ep or nitro? Also, which part of the bike trail exactly (never been there before)? Sorry for the barrage of qns. :P
                        I know the guys from DH are up in the morning like the birds , they should be there around 0730hrs till about noon. If you get there around 0900hrs just follow the sound of nitro engines or look up and watch the dogfight between the Japs and the Yanks.

Comment

up for everyone to read again

Which character are you test by

Comment

Motor Of Sf 777

I am new bird for motor, can anybody advice what brand and model ? my budget about less than $100 per each. Thanks !

Comment

What's the best size for newbie to start with

Hi,

I'm not really a newbie. Have tried this hobby like 10 years ago, and reason I stop is because I lost 3 planes. 2 through bad crash, and the last one fly and never came back don't know what happen until recently learned that my frequency could have been hijacked.

The advise given at that time was to start with a size 40 high wing Nitro plane. which has a long wing span. like 60" if I can remember correctly, and seems heavy. Hence, my first plane crash to bits on a bad take off.. (Not even flying yet).

I'm guessing if a smaller size < 25 with electric powered motor should be easier for newbie, as I've seen people hand launching it like throwing paper plane.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, as I'm really keen to start this hobby all over again, and don't want to lose another 3 planes.

Comment

Originally posted by tucfaz
                                Hi,

I'm not really a newbie. Have tried this hobby like 10 years ago, and reason I stop is because I lost 3 planes. 2 through bad crash, and the last one fly and never came back don't know what happen until recently learned that my frequency could have been hijacked.

The advise given at that time was to start with a size 40 high wing Nitro plane. which has a long wing span. like 60" if I can remember correctly, and seems heavy. Hence, my first plane crash to bits on a bad take off.. (Not even flying yet).

I'm guessing if a smaller size < 25 with electric powered motor should be easier for newbie, as I've seen people hand launching it like throwing paper plane.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, as I'm really keen to start this hobby all over again, and don't want to lose another 3 planes.
                                hi there, i can almost say, we're in the same boat except tat i didn't really get to start cause it was way too expensive bk then n i couldn afford it. i think the invention of foam n electric planes gives beginners like myself to crash n repair without having to spend too much. but of course, crashing is not the whole idea...
                                anyways, i started of with the slow stick 3ch. v easy to fly but doesn't handle well in windy conditions. gradually moved on to 4ch estarter. unfortunatly crashed too many times,surprisingly didn't manage to kill anyone... now its decommisioned. currently looking for another trainer.
                                take your time, start something slow. go for brush motor with 2cell batt 1st.
                                take control of the controls. the "feel" has to b 2nd nature n simulators help alot, n yes, sometimes will spend more time repairing rather than flyin.. kinda like wat im going through now .
                                this is a gd forum n there're lots of info in here. happy flying...
                                Futaba 8U Super/Spectrum DX7

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow."

"To be OLD & WISE, You must 1st have to be YOUNG & STUPID"

Comment

Working...
                                X