Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks for the kind word

well it has been sometime since I started working on the bigger bro .....

still WIP

just for update this is how she looks like now ...... more work need to complete her

Comment

nice boat bro.where you get the rudder ?when & where maiden ?
      I believe i can fly ....

Comment

I got the rudder from one online shop from UK

potential maiden it at Bishan park as the water condition is good for small boat....... when ........ may be end Apr

Comment

Originally posted by loyn View Post
          thanks for your advise and now then I know what is all that for

c how much I know about boat ..... even I can build

hehe upgrade program

Lyon, bro i really like the way you built your cute model boat thats sea worthy also. . .. . .

and for other peoples information. . ."strakes" is used to produce a clean break in the surface dues provide a better planing in the water and it also provide stability from left to right or vice versa motion. . .and for Lyon, he made a cracker box boat which dont need a strake because it is designed to have a flat bottom surface and it needs a centering fin like a turning fin in the middle of the bottom and not strakes. . .

hoping this would clear all false informations. . .

Lyon bro, keep up the good work. . .

Comment

this little boat or design has no stability issue except the water from the side get so high that it splash over the deck.

BTW what is a turning fin in the middle of the hull another rudder ?

thanks for your advise

Comment

Originally posted by loyn View Post
              this little boat or design has no stability issue except the water from the side get so high that it splash over the deck.

BTW what is a turning fin in the middle of the hull another rudder ?

thanks for your advise
              its not a rudder but it's use is to stabilize the boat from sliding left or right and its not a rudder coz the rudder is after the transom. . .

this cracker box is a racing version of your boat and hope you can see it clearly the center fin they have. . .

maybe the CG of your boat is in favor in the transom side thats why the water comes in to your deck special in the aft side. . .

Comment

just an update for my little wooden boat . Finally manage to finish off the basic paint job. I used wood stain and clear spray and surface polishing to get the final color effect.

The deck line is the nature color of the thin ply I used. I used 1mm masking tape apply over the deck before put on the wood stain. Is not easy but the result is worth all the work .

Comment

Toy Boat

Nice Boat Bro Look Scale U Got Skill

Comment

After 3 days of eye poping work finally finish off the deshboard and steering wheel for my little boat ...... 100% scratch build from all material that I can find

the steering wheel is made of 1 mm alu tube bent to shape then added 3 layers of diff size heat shrink tube for the rubber grip effect. The center is made of 2 layer of 1/32" thin ply. Not easy but the overall effect is well acceptable. The gauges are all photo print with printer and attach accordingly.

all those blink blink deck fixture are ........ lady ear ring diy parts not bad looking on the boat

Comment

TOTALLY BLOWN AWAY BY THE SCALE WORKS

You must be after you finished...

IMPRESSIVE WORK YOU HAVE HERE...

PS: P51 is still flying flawlessly... (u knw wat I mean )
                      Roll call from hanger
                      -Kyosho, STRATUS 1600 Glider
                      -JH Spitfire-25 size (no 2.)
                      -Cap 232-15 size
                      -GWS P51 Mustang EP, from a nice DH flyer
                      -Dualsky Breeze PRO

Kissed the ground...

-Scanner
                      -JH Spitfire-25 size (no 1.)

Frequency

-Spektrum, DX7

Comment

The so call scale handle for the forward and rear engine hatch. Initially thinking using wood just like the smaller bro, then tried with the metal part from those diy ear ring parts. The end result is much better, at least for me. It is a small metal plate with 3 holes so got to cut off one section and file it to shape. The center part is 3 mm round wooden stick. After stain it with wood stain and with a layer of acrylic it looks good.

Comment

Originally posted by oldmanflying View Post
                          PS: P51 is still flying flawlessly... (u knw wat I mean )
                          wow good to know it is in good hand All my work is not wasted

Comment

hi loyn,

you are super talented. make me feel like going into boats. any idea where I can buy a boat like the one you have made? have checked jethobby but they sell mostly speed boats.

Comment

well i saw a scale boat at ntc at the entrance u enter. where many kit plane stack. if i not wrong is 1m well some of the boater have build it v nice . it a fishing boat
                              if u are not into building u can get fm rotor they have some tt stock fishing boat
                              mike

Comment

Originally posted by DWJL511 View Post
                                hi loyn,

you are super talented. make me feel like going into boats. any idea where I can buy a boat like the one you have made? have checked jethobby but they sell mostly speed boats.
                                Hi,

Look here : http://www.mackproductsrc.com/scale_boats_p2.htm

U will not be disappointed.

Comment

Working...
                                X