Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Landrover vs Old work horse?

Hi friends and fellow hobbyists,

Been rainy lately and kinda hard to go flying, so decided to fixed up the landrover cover which have been sitting in storage for a long time. Finished it brand new- looks pretty good but decided to age it a bit and get carried away

Attached a couple of pics of my beat-up rust bucket. Hope you guys like the new or ermmm... old paint job on the landy.

Taking the opportunity to wish all here a wonderful new year ahead!

Cheers and have fun
    TB

Nice job! How about weathering the wheels, tyres and fenders? These look like they just left the retail shop.

Comment

Hi Jsec,

Thanks , glad you enjoyed the pics.

No worries about the tyres, wheels and fenders, I get my daughter to weather it when we are out at the field.

See pic below, donch think that I can do any better than that!

Comment

Nice one tBolt! reminds me of my uncle's jeep in M'sia. He's a land surveyor for Felda, so he uses it trek into the jungle with it. Wish it has a Felda logo on it's door and it'll be complete.

The 1979-1988 logo.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Land Rover Defender 90, best vehicle I have ever driven. Eat, sleep, practically lived in it during my army days. No other vehicle comes close
          Beastx installed and flying ...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by tboltsg View Post
            Hi friends and fellow hobbyists,

Been rainy lately and kinda hard to go flying, so decided to fixed up the landrover cover which have been sitting in storage for a long time. Finished it brand new- looks pretty good but decided to age it a bit and get carried away

Attached a couple of pics of my beat-up rust bucket. Hope you guys like the new or ermmm... old paint job on the landy.

Taking the opportunity to wish all here a wonderful new year ahead!

Cheers and have fun
            TB
            Hi Man.. ..

Nice Looking Rusted Landy....

Come join us trailing at SGCrawler.. .. ..

Comment

Originally posted by slowlee12 View Post
              Hi Man.. ..

Nice Looking Rusted Landy....

Come join us trailing at SGCrawler.. .. ..
              Can find us at http://sgcrawlers.co.nr/

Comment

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the respond and kind comments.

Kiply: me too have good memories of the landy during my NS days, infact I got my driving license from SAF and they used the landrover for our civilian conversion drving test. I loved driving the landrover too.

Nixaad: Me will try to do a photoshop on the stickle and not forgetting to dirty up the windscreen with wipers' mark so that it can look closer to uncle's ride. BTW that a cool job your uncle have- free access to the great outdoor!!! and getting paid at the end of the month!!! Geezz some guys got all the luck.

Slowlee: Thanks for the invite, wll take a rain cheque on that. I do hope to meet up one of these days, I am sure you guys are a nice bunch. You got some cool crawler videos on your site.

Appreciate any advise on how to waterproof the receiver. Just riuned one this morning, after some wet and wild fun

Cheers and happy new year!!!
                TB

Comment

nice cool paint job! love the rusted look...

quick way is to balloon the receiver and double zip tie the balloon.... after the first zip tie, squeeze some silicone into the neck of the balloon, then add a 2nd zip tie, after that, the idea is to have the silicone to totally cover the gaps between the cables to waterproof it totally...

but do note that the balloon will crack and tear after some time...

I waterproof all my stuffs using neutral cure silicone... from receivers, esc, servo, bec... etc... I wil open them up and use neutral cure silicone on the pcb itself and fit them back into the casings when the silicone is fully cured...

do not use normal silicone as most are acid cure and might damage the pcb...
                  do pop by the meets one of these days...

if bringing your kid along, join us when we are crawling at woodgrove ave... that place is more child friendly and more accessible.... can join in and leave anytime...
                  My Honcho Blog -
                  My Honcho Youtube Channel -
                  SGCrawlers Forum -
                  Facebook -

Comment

Many thanks to BL21 for the waterproofing advise and venue info, managed to buy the nuetral silicon and did it today. Will make a effort to join you guys in the coming meetings.

Just dirty up the windscreen and side widows to complete the dirty look. See pics below.

Thanks for viewing.

Cheers
                    TB

Comment

looks great!

what did u use for the "dirt" on the windows?
                      My Honcho Blog -
                      SGCrawlers Forum -
                      Facebook -

Comment

Many thanks to BL21 for the waterproofing advise and venue info, managed to buy the nuetral silicon and did it today. Will make a effort to join you guys in the coming meetings.

Just dirty up the windscreen and side widows to complete the dirty look. See pics below.

Thanks for viewing.

Cheers
                        TB
                        SWEE.. ..

Waiting for you to join us ... ... ... .. in the "Dark Force"

Comment

Thanks for viewing.

Cheers
                          TB
                          Awesome job TB, really look the part of the real thing

Henry

Comment

Hi guys thanks for viewing & comments,

The dirt on windows is done by mixing tamiya sand yellow-30% and Mr Color thinner 70%, masked the wiper's area and airbrushed on lightly to create a haze effect. The dirt effect on window most likely wll come off after a few car washes...just like the real thing

Got the rust bucket out this morning and have some low and dirty fun at the former KTM tracks near Bouna Vista MRT.

Hey Henry, thanks and Happy New Year. It has been a while, we really should hv kopi-o again. Give me a yell if you are in the neck of my woods.

Attached are some pics for your viewing. Loved the last pic- look like the landy is on some red clay tracks in Malaysia somewhere.

Cheers
                            TB

Comment

nice la!

really hope to see the piece of art in person soon!
                              My Honcho Blog -
                              SGCrawlers Forum -
                              Facebook -

Comment

Working...
                              X