Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are we responsible flyers?

Most of us who dont belong to any official flying club use common spaces shared with other users such as joggers, kite flyers, football, kids playing. We can either leave others disgusted with RC flyers or leave them thinking we are a bunch of responsible guys.

A concern for the safety of others and other flyers has to be the top priorty.

Second is keeping the place clean after we leave the field, some people complained about the foreign workers leaving food and rubbish at public places, I am sad to see that RC flyers are no better, we leave behind rubbish such as broken props, food packing, drink cans and damaged plane parts lying around.

We have great skills doing all kinds of stunts in the sky, but shit in our own backyard??

Good post.

There's some guys where I fly with very responsible attitudes. They even bring garbage bags for the inevitable!

Well done!
    "Always fly with a responsible attitude. You may think that flying low over other people’s heads is proof of your piloting skill; others know better. The real expert does not need to prove himself in such childish ways..." - the Multiplex Build Manual

Comment

even there is now a rubbish bin in OHR..

you can still see broken prop, foam, balsa, connecting rod, etc along the walk way and in the field..

please help keep the place clean lo..

Comment

Nightflite, I'm glad you started this thread regarding responsible flying etc. Because my pals and I are having some issues regarding this matter, not in our backyard though, in the sky.

Check out the vid below. (Maybe you can start watching it around 2min mark. )

Align Trex700E V2, Edge 693mm, vbar5.1, Align 610 and Outrage HV tail @ 8,4V, ZIppy 4000mah 6s x2.

My pal is just minding his own biz flying, then all of a suddenly, we get planes all over out heads. Check out the video and you get what I mean.

Can I call this irresponsible flying?

Ok, I think I will be flamed or fired etc. Not trying to start a war, just emphasizing something.

Oh btw, I apologies to the plane flyer in the video, I didn't get your permission before filming your plane, but it wasn't intentional.

Again, Im not trying to start a war between plane and heli or whatsoever because I myself fly plane too. Else, it would be like shooting myself in the foot.

Cheers!
        KDS Innova 700

Comment

Flying

Hi Bro Rgoh,

The planes in your video looked very far away, any possibility that the pilots are at another side of the field where they cant see your friend and his heli? They look like they are flying higher up and from another corner of the field.

Speaking of possible irresponsible flying can I relate something that happened to me twice at the same field? I was with two of my friends who are newly into the hobby to fly on 2 particular mornings recently. We were at the same field same spot. On the first morning of the incident, no one else was there and we flew a few rounds, took a break and then got ready to fly again.

A brother then arrived in a white car. He came up behind us and set up his big electric heli. Next thing u know while our planes were in the skies he took off and flew next to us doing similar 3D stunts like in your video. I was shocked and taken aback cos the heli was quite close to us and spinning all over the place. Its like he is using the heli to get us to clear the field. I told my friends to land their planes and we move to away to the side of the road. When he landed, one of my friends flew his plane only to have the heli next to us with its antics again. Eventually we left the flying field as we felt he was trying to chase us away and we dont wish to get into an ugly incident over this.

On the second occasion which happened only this past week we were at the same spot and flying when he showed up again. He took off next to us (barely 15-20 paces) away and went into his 3D routine, at times flying his heli right in front of us while our planes are up there in the sky. The heli even flew very close to my friend who was out in the field walking back after retrieving his plane which had landed.

Like you I don't wish to start any ugly incident over this. I can appreciate that the flyer thinks he is a better pilot and entitled to certain privileges or maybe he has been flying at that spot for a while and think we are tresspassing? I took photos of the pilot, his heli and his car and I have informed the other pilots that I usually fly with at the field to take care when this heli pilot is present in the interests of avoiding any accidents or unpleasantless should he also choose to fly aggressively next to them.

I think this is a good hobby to be shared and loved by everyone. There is no need to be haughty or difficult as it proves no point at the end of the day. I am quite sure the pilots in your video will quite happily wait their turns to fly if indeed the airspace is crowded if we all fly together and know when each other is airborne. But perhaps considerations should start from within and something to be demanded?

Comment

hmmm

hmmm just my 2 cents and humble views on this matter. as long as its not a club, i dont see anything wrong with that. but to me, there is where respect for each other comes in. i used to fly at woodlands where theres a lot of heli and plane flyers together but we normally dont fly our planes when our kakis are flying their heli and vice versa. its common etiquette i think at all ff.

imo, the heli guy could also stop his flying and continue after they landed their planes but he keeps on flying. the same goes for planes. 1 guy flying and suddenly u can see more planes joining in. same scenario but different perpective.

but nonetheless, just my views on this though. again like u mention, not to start any war on this. just to share and discuss... hehehe

romihensem " Back In Business "

Flying is all that matters...
            sigpic

Comment

For sure. You are right
              KDS Innova 700

Comment

Originally posted by romihensem View Post
                hmmm just my 2 cents and humble views on this matter. as long as its not a club, i dont see anything wrong with that. but to me, there is where respect for each other comes in. i used to fly at woodlands where theres a lot of heli and plane flyers together but we normally dont fly our planes when our kakis are flying their heli and vice versa. its common etiquette i think at all ff.

imo, the heli guy could also stop his flying and continue after they landed their planes but he keeps on flying. the same goes for planes. 1 guy flying and suddenly u can see more planes joining in. same scenario but different perpective.

but nonetheless, just my views on this though. again like u mention, not to start any war on this. just to share and discuss... hehehe
                Good valid points bro romihensem. And thank you for your observations. I believe deep down we are all nice people, maybe started on wrong footings. We all love and enjoy the RC hobby and many of us would like to share the joy with others.

Its just that with all things that can hurt or injure we should also take care and exercise caution cos the stranger who may end up getting hurt is also a human being, somebody's son, brother, husband or father. It will be a sad day for everyone if indeed a careless or reckless action of ours were to result in the loss of life or maiming of limbs.

Comment

It just doesn't happen here in Singapore.
                  We all need to becareful.

Remote-control aircraft crashes into Phuket temple hall

The entrance to Wat Luang Pu Supha, claimed by
                  devotees to be the home of the world's oldest man.

PHUKET: -- One of the island’s most famous temples is threatening to file a police complaint after a remotely-controlled aircraft crashed into the roof of the nuns' dining hall on Wednesday night.

News of the damage at Wat Luang Pu Supha in Chalong Village 6 was reported to the media yesterday at 12:30pm by Mr Piyawat Leehaweerachart, a 45-year-old layman who serves as the temple’s financial affairs coordinator.

According to Mr Piyawat, the triangular-shaped aircraft slammed into the roof of the nuns' dining hall, dislodging three ceramic tiles.

Mr Piyawat said it was not the first time a remote-controlled aircraft had crashed on temple grounds.

A group of remote controlled aircraft enthusiasts have long used the area to fly their aircraft, he said.

Mr Piyawat told police he had warned the club members many times, but to no avail.

The fact that no-one had come forward to accept responsibility for the latest crash, or one that preceded it six months ago, prompted him to contact police, he said.

For comment on the complaint, the Gazette contacted Korn Chamreonwong, head of the Chalong Remote Control Airplane Club.

Mr Korn, who also operates a remote-control airplane parts shop on Soi Yodsane in Chalong, admitted it was his own aircraft that caused the damage on Wednesday night.

He said he went to the temple with Burmese workmen the following morning to fix the damage, but the workers said they needed an extra-high ladder that they could only get in Thalang.

Mr Korn said he went back to his shop to wait for them.

By the time the work team returned with the ladder, Mr Piyawat, accompanied by police and media, had already come and gone, he explained.

Mr Korn said he has already paid for the completed repair work and donated 1,000 baht to the temple ask for forgiveness.

There has been three accidents over the past two years, he admitted.

The most serious was the crash of a remotely-controlled plane into the roof of the main prayer hall six months ago.

The member responsible, identified only as “Toto”, refused the accept responsibility for the mishap, he said.

To pay for the damage from that accident Mr Korn said he set up a collection box in the area where the members meet, near the site where the new Klong Krata Reservoir Dam will be built. He had urged the members to chip in a small amount every time they met to pay for past damages, he said.

Chalong Police Deputy Inspector Pol Capt Chotipong Kessarin said that as soon as the temple directors file an official police complaint they will send letters to the Chalong Remote Control Airplane Club and the temple management, asking both sides to meet at Chalong Police Station.

Wat Luang Pu Supha bears the name of its abbot, the revered Luang Pu Supha.

Reputedly the world’s oldest living man and about to celebrate his 114th birthday on September 4, his devotees are preparing a grand celebration to mark the occasion.

For the previous report click here.

The Gazette notes that the club's activities in the area predates construction of the temple.

The temple's new main prayer hall, built at a cost of 30 million baht, will officially open on Luang Pu Supha's birthday.

Comment

Self Check

Over the years the number of flying fields available is reducing fast and the number of flyers is increasing, we will be flying closer and closer to each other than you would prefer.

The point I am making is for us to check ourselves if we are responsible flyers, if you can say yes to yourself, then its Cheers for You.

Originally posted by Rgoh View Post
                    Nightflite, I'm glad you started this thread regarding responsible flying etc. Because my pals and I are having some issues regarding this matter, not in our backyard though, in the sky.

Check out the vid below. (Maybe you can start watching it around 2min mark. )

Align Trex700E V2, Edge 693mm, vbar5.1, Align 610 and Outrage HV tail @ 8,4V, ZIppy 4000mah 6s x2.

My pal is just minding his own biz flying, then all of a suddenly, we get planes all over out heads. Check out the video and you get what I mean.

Can I call this irresponsible flying?

Ok, I think I will be flamed or fired etc. Not trying to start a war, just emphasizing something.

Oh btw, I apologies to the plane flyer in the video, I didn't get your permission before filming your plane, but it wasn't intentional.

Again, Im not trying to start a war between plane and heli or whatsoever because I myself fly plane too. Else, it would be like shooting myself in the foot.

Cheers!

Comment

Yes, but the problem is that usually different people have different standards of behaviour - and all this is already "programmed" by upbringing over the years, very hard to "re-program". No amount of lecture or advice will change them.

In theory, we should all practice "active citizenry" and approach people nicely to communicate to them what is proper procedure, safety consideration, etc. But most of us would prefer to mind our own business and keep quiet lah, although inside could be

With more people getting into the hobby, it's inevitable that there will be all kinds of characters - both bad and good.
                      ------------------------------
                      Airworthy: FMS Mini Trojan, Cloudsfly, BF-109 Funfighter, HK Mini Stick, Flasher 450 Pro, Mini Titan v2, E-Flite Blade MCPx.
                      NIB: Multiplex FunCub, HK T-45.

Comment

Bros,

Just misunderstanding among enthusiast. 15 - 20 paces is really not that near for 3D helicopter, and what should we expect when we're flying at an open field? Clear blue sky with just a few sparrows and minars? surely got planes zooming all over the sky right?

If want to be responsible. Enthusiast should join a club and fly at a club field. In open field, just have to give and take. Nobody in their right mind would want to endanger another person for sure, as everyone at the field just want to have a blast of a fun time. It really takes time, patience and understanding to get along, but IMHO "active citizenry" really have no place in this hobby.

Littering is a different stories.

Comment

Wow Rgoh, that plane zoomed damn near!

I want to ask if fellow bros approached the 3d Heli pilot to voice out? Im sure that is more productive and meaningful than to come here complain. Cos if voice out to him, he will notice and be more careful. I heard that you mention 2 times he fly quite close. If u voice out, maybe the second time wont happen again.

Yar if want to have a rule and follow to the black and white, please go and join Club.

Field is for everyone to enjoy. I think need to have a bigger heart. Sometimes not everything we see is we happy. But if let go abit, in the end, you become happier. Im sure no one want to endanger others life.
                          Hanger
                          Hirobo XRB SR Lama
                          Hirobo Quark SRB
                          Hirobo Quark SRB SG
                          Eflite Blade SR (For Display)
                          Blade450 3D
                          MSH Mini Protos (SOLD)
                          COMPASS 6HV (Combat Fit PES A)

Plane
                          Dynam PBY Catalina 1.4m
                          FMS J3 Cub 1.4m
                          Artech F14 Tomcat EDF
                          HK FLYJET EDF
                          Artech Skyfun
                          Dynam P51D Mustang
                          Parkzone P51

Tx:
                          Futaba 6J 2.4GHz(SOLD)
                          Spektrum DX6i
                          DX8
                          Futaba 9CAP

Comment

talking rubbish

This post is about keeping the place clean.
                            And don forget to bring your leftover back.

Comment

dun mind if i chip in a little. its not only the flyers who need to be reposnsible but at times i find the spectators' parents totally IRRESPONSIBLE! My modus operandi is clear, as long as there are children in the vicinity, I will halt all flying even if all 20 lipo packs are charged to the max. I hv met parents who doesn't give two hoots about their children and just let them run all over the field. I had to shout at a toddler sometime back cos he ran towards my rex600 after it landed with the blades still spinning. My gosh, my heart literally stopped when I saw him rushing towards the bird. Oh, the father was busy... with his ipad, WTF?!

As for 3d flying, I do not try new stunts as long as there are pple in the vicinity. anyway, I hv given up on stunts beyond loops & rolls. It's just not worth the hassle of bringing the injured to the hospital and followed by the npc to lodge an incident report.
                              Heli-ADDICTION:
                              Mikado Logos, RaptorG4s, X7F, 600ESP...
                              JUST one more Logo...for the month.

Comment

Working...
                              X