Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the Best Glue for coro board (coroplast) 100% bonding.

Collapse

Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the Best Glue for coro board (coroplast) 100% bonding.

Any advise on types of glue in the market that can bonad coro board (coroplast) with full bonding?

Have tried hot glue, contact cement, CA/epoxy. they are not able to bond strongly on Nitro plane (due to vibration and oil)
    the bonding of the above glue somehow came apart aft several month.

Did you prep the surface of the coroplast before applying the glue? Cyanoacrylate works very well for me, if I first clean the surface with IPA, sand it down a bit using either steel wool, or coarse sandpaper, then clean it with IPA again before applying a thin coat of glue.

If you're using contact cement, did you apply the cement and leave it to dry slightly to a tacky finish before pushing the parts together?

Comment

have you flashed the surface of the coro boart with a lighter and/or cleaned with soap?

contact cement works well enough for me = )

I used to use the Yamayo brand

available in most neighbourhood hardware shops

if you want expensive, 3M90 would do as well

but good luck getting it
      "Always fly with a responsible attitude. You may think that flying low over other people’s heads is proof of your piloting skill; others know better. The real expert does not need to prove himself in such childish ways..." - the Multiplex Build Manual

Comment

thks timgoh0 & sunstorm
        Points to note : i assume the coroplast is new and is clean (never sand or IPA cleaning)

timgoh0 , what brand of CA and the voscocity you use?

Comment

I use 3M's CA4, which is a fairly runny thing. Shear strength is not too great, so a different, more viscous formulation may be required for joints that are going to sustain lateral forces. However, in my case, it appears to be OK.

Note that cyanoacrylate glue requires moisture to cure. Let it sit in a shaded, well-ventilated area for the manufacturer recommended cure time, and note that if there is poor airflow (such as when placed in between two sheets of coroplast), curing time is increased.

The cleaning applies to new surfaces: The concern being oils left on the surface as a result of manufacture, or handling.

Comment

hi zennith

what are you building?

pictures please
            "Always fly with a responsible attitude. You may think that flying low over other people’s heads is proof of your piloting skill; others know better. The real expert does not need to prove himself in such childish ways..." - the Multiplex Build Manual

Comment

Hi sunstorm

Currently i m flying a cox 0.049 black widow engine tea racer coroplast build (coro are not bonding properly), I find not safe with my existing build and seek advise.

I am building this a Full coroplast from a 40" or 46" size pdf plan lazy bee -nitro old timer flyer (old man style classic plane) Isn't she a classic beauty

Plans are below, builder can down load pdf and build depron too enjoy.

From 3mm,5mm,7mm coro.

Comment

My favourite glue for Corroplast is UHU POR ...the yellow and blue/green boxed one !

Coat both surfaces, wait 10mins, press together, wait 24 hrs for total strength.
                My gliders transportation packing boxes to Phuket were glued with UHU POR, if possible, plan your joints such that they are not subjected to tearing (weakest) otherwise you'll have no problems from shearing or tensile loads.
                Seriously running out of ...Storage space !

Comment

thks ghostfit

yellow blue/green will do the job

Comment

Originally posted by zennith View Post
                    Hi sunstorm

Currently i m flying a cox 0.049 black widow engine tea racer coroplast build (coro are not bonding properly), I find not safe with my existing build and seek advise.

I am building this a Full coroplast from a 40" or 46" size pdf plan lazy bee -nitro old timer flyer (old man style classic plane) Isn't she a classic beauty

Plans are below, builder can down load pdf and build depron too enjoy.

From 3mm,5mm,7mm coro.

tea racer? that would be Morgan's Tea racer? as in the designer of Mugi?

nice. So you upsized it to 1.2 m?

good one.

Comment

Working...
                    X